Birmingham Airport Authority - Surplus Vehicle and Equipment Auction
Auction ends: Wednesday, June 16th at 7pm Central
Location - Birmingham Airport Authority Maintenance Facility - 1420 50th Street N. Birmingham, AL 35212
Inspection - Tuesday, June 15th and Wednesday, June 16th from 10am-3pm. Follow the auction signs.
Pickup and Payment - Thursday, June 17th and Friday, June 18th from 10am-3pm. We will allow pickup the following week by appointment. (Everything must be paid for by Friday, June 18th)
This auction features items declared surplus by the Birmingham Shuttlesworth International Airport. ALL ITEMS SELL AS IS, WHERE IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE.
1. The auctioneer, nor the airport authority guarantees condition, year, make, model, miles on any item in this auction. You, the bidder are encouraged to attend the open house and inspect each item in person prior to placing bids.
2. While many of the items in this auction were running when parked, they may have mechanical issues, missing parts, flat tires or other issues. All items are sold as is.
3. The descriptions posted on each item are believed to be true and were derived from sources deemed reliable but are NOT guaranteed by the auctioneer nor the seller.
4. We do not move or load! Each purchaser is responsible for providing their own loading equipment and transportation to haul away their purchases after the auction.
5. A 10% buyers premium is added to all winning bids to determine the final sales price.
6. Pearce & Associates is a designated automobile dealer and will prepare title work for the purchaser. Alabama residents will pay a $15 dollar title fee, plus $50 document/preparation fee to Pearce & Associates. Total collected $65.
Sales tax will be collected on vehicles unless you are a non Alabama resident or licensed automobile dealer. All purchasers must pay sales tax on equipment and other personal property items.
A 10% buyers premium is added to all winning bids to determine the final sales price.
Larry "Chip" Pearce - AL# 1088
Andrew Pearce - AAL# 2796
Please read the terms carefully as they are a legal binding contract between you and Pearce & Associates Auctioneers.
All disputes will be settled in Shelby County, Alabama.
We encourage you to inspect the items in person.
If purchases are not settled within 3 business days of the close of the auction,
it is in default. Upon default the bidder will be black listed on Pearce &
Associates Auctioneers auctions as well as MarkNet auctions and
will be charged for the merchandise. Defaulted items will be forfeited back to
the owner or Pearce & Associates.
No refunds will be given.
Please check back and review these terms as every time you use this site you are agreeing to the terms as they are written at that time.
Pearce & Associates Auctioneers reserves the right to cancel any auction at any time for any reason.
IMPORTANT BIDDING NOTICE! Any individual item that sells for $25,000 or more must be approved by the Airport Authority before the sale is final. Final approval may take up to 7 days after the auction. Those items will not be paid for by the purchaser until the sale is approved. Upon notice of approval, the purchaser will have 3 business days to pay for the items and removal will take place within 7 days by appointment with the auction company.
There will be a 10% buyer’s premium added to final bid price.
Sales tax collected unless you provide Pearce with a copy of your tax resale certificate.
Vehicle Titles: Pearce & Associates is a licensed Alabama Automobile Dealer and Designated Agent. Any vehicle purchased will require that Pearce & Associates prepare the title work for the purchaser. Pearce & Associates collects a total of $65 for title work, dealer prep and documentation fee. ($15 title, $50 dealer prep/doc) which the purchaser pays. The only exemption is non Alabama residents which require an Alabama drive out form to be executed by the purchaser and licensed Alabama Automobile Dealers. Pearce & Associates shall require a copy of the buyers dealer license.
Pearce & Associates shall handle title work and provide a copy to the purchaser within 14 business days of payment. Dealer titles and out of state buyers shall be mailed (certified) the actual title within 14 business days from final payment.
NOTE: Pearce & Associates does not own vehicles consigned to our auctions. The seller understands that any claims from descriptions, condition, miles, etc are between the owner (seller) and the purchaser. The auctioneer does not guarantee year, make, model, miles, hours, running condition, physical condition of any item in our auctions. You, the purchaser are responsible for inspecting the assets in person and making your own determination as to the condition of the item you are bidding on. The description is NOT guaranteed by the auctioneer nor the seller. AS IS, WHERE IS.
Bidding info- When you bid your max the current bid price doesn't automatically go to
your max bid. Someone else has to bid to increase the current price and the
computer will automatically bid up to your max in the increments specified.
This auction has what is called an auto extend feature, meaning the auction will not close until all bidding parties are satisfied. If any bids are placed within the last 5 minutes of the auction, the bid on lot(s) will extend for 5 minutes. The bidding will extend
in 5 minute increments from the time the last bid is placed until there are
no more bids, and the lot sits idle for 5 minutes.
Pearce & Associates Auctioneers have put forth every effort to make accurate
description of the items. Printed or verbal statements made by staff are
matters of opinion and are made in good faith. However, all items are sold As
Is Where IS. You are responsible for your own inspection during inspection
No allowance will be made for errors in cataloging, genuineness, defects, or imperfections not noted.
Pearce & Associates reserve the right to reject any and all bids for any reason.
By Alabama State Law, all auctions are considered with reserve unless they are titled absolute. This is an auction with reserve. The seller, owner, auctioneer, bank or lien holder, or any government agency having an interest in the items in this auction reserve the right to bid on behalf of the seller up to their reserve amount.
Bidder responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Bidders agree to keep their username and password confidential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account.
When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of web site use privileges. We gather aggregate information from this web site which may include but is not limited to: number of page visitors,
most visited pages, any and all correspondence.
CREDIT CARD POLICY: Pearce & Associates requires that you use a valid credit card in order to set up a bidding account. By registering with your credit card, you, the purchaser agree to the following credit card terms:
1. I, the buyer hereby authorize the auction company (Pearce & Associates) to charge my credit card that I have set up my bidder account with, for the full amount of my bill, if I do not settle my unpaid account within 3 business days of the auctions ending.
2. I, the buyer, understand the terms of the auction including pickup and payment dates and timelines, and agree that I have placed bids with the intent of abiding by the auctions set terms and conditions.
3. I, the buyer, have been given the opportunity to inspect the items in person and understand the the auction company is selling the items in AS IS, WHERE IS, condition.
4. I, the buyer, hereby agrees to authorize the auction company to charge my credit card for my purchases in the event that I do not show up to pickup my items in person and make other payment arrangements. I also agree that the auction company is not responsible for handling, moving or storing the items I have purchased and that I risk the chance of those items being stolen or damaged if left behind.
5. I, the buyer, hereby agrees to not challenge or deny payment to the auction company for purchases made with the credit card that I have placed on file with the auction company. I fully understand the terms and conditions of the auction and hereby agree to this Credit Card Policy or I will not place bids with this auction website.